Serious Termination

unknownname

Lurker
Looking for some guidance. I was told today that I will not be a part the up-and-coming nest process due to me not completing the probation period in the FAA. I have DoD civil service with no gap to the FAA. Dont know if the is coming from the NEST or my ATM.

You could probably grieve the decision since it was erroneous. I'm assuming the ATM didn't put the right thing in the Nest package. But I still wouldn't have expected them to retain you without any positions.
the ATM recommended retention. I was submitted to the nest. Today I was told that because I didn't complete my probation that I was going to be terminated at the end of the pay period.

Did your DoD time and FAA time add up to more than 1 year of federal service? If so, you are not under probation and cannot be fired under that premise. If the NEST decided not to retain you, then a decision from the FAA proposing termination should have been provided to you in writing, and you then have a chance to respond. I’d be speaking to your FACREP about this.

You could probably grieve the decision since it was erroneous. I'm assuming the ATM didn't put the right thing in the Nest package. But I still wouldn't have expected them to retain you without any positions.
The entire NEST paperwork submission process just transitioned from the KSN website to Staffing Workbook, so it is entirely plausible there was an error made in the submission. unknownname I would advise follow-up with both your ATM (who possibly did the Staffing Workbook submission, or maybe delegated it to their MPA or an OS) and your FacRep for general support.

The entire NEST paperwork submission process just transitioned from the KSN website to Staffing Workbook, so it is entirely plausible there was an error made in the submission. unknownname I would advise follow-up with both your ATM (who possibly did the Staffing Workbook submission, or maybe delegated it to their MPA or an OS) and your FacRep for general support.
Thank You. I have talked with them. I was just seeing if anyone has dealt with this issue before and could help expedite the process since I was told I have four more days of employment.

Did your DoD time and FAA time add up to more than 1 year of federal service? If so, you are not under probation and cannot be fired under that premise. If the NEST decided not to retain you, then a decision from the FAA proposing termination should have been provided to you in writing, and you then have a chance to respond. I’d be speaking to your FACREP about this.
I have four years DoD. I have not received anything in writing from the nest. I was just told that my ATM is "obligated to initiate termination proceedings with the servicing HR/ETR POC’s."

I have four years DoD. I have not received anything in writing from the nest. I was just told that my ATM is "obligated to initiate termination proceedings with the servicing HR/ETR POC’s."
The people who run Hr are about the least competent people in the agency. There’s a high change they are totally wrong, partially wrong, or at bare min, did not follow proper procedure

The people who run Hr are about the least competent people in the agency. There’s a high change they are totally wrong, partially wrong, or at bare min, did not follow proper procedure
It says a lot the people specifically employed to execute the policies that govern other employees have no clue what the fuck the policies are. Or what’s even going on. 90% of HR workers in the agency should be fired themselves.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong but the fact he isn’t in probationary period doesn’t mean anything. Probationary period just means you can be fired at will. After probation they need a reason. Washing out without any positions is a reason and being out of probation doesn’t mean anything if the nest decides not to retain you.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the fact he isn’t in probationary period doesn’t mean anything. Probationary period just means you can be fired at will. After probation they need a reason. Washing out without any positions is a reason and being out of probation doesn’t mean anything if the nest decides not to retain you.
Probationary means they can fire before the nest, washing out they would need the NEST to come back as a recommendation not to retain and allow him to file a rebuttle from what I understand. HR might have screwed up his transfer and not counted his DOD time in his file resulting in the wrong action being taken.

Back
Top Bottom