How do ATM rankings work?

Can someone provide a walk through of the ATM ranking process? Does the FACREP actually get together with the ATM, sing kumbaya and go through packets? or is it more or less a name out of the hat process? I would assume MOST ATM's take time to pour through them. (If it matters, I'm inquiring into a mid level facility 7-9)
Prefer at least one "serious" explanation withing all the shit posting that I come here for.

Can someone provide a walk through of the ATM ranking process? Does the FACREP actually get together with the ATM, sing kumbaya and go through packets? or is it more or less a name out of the hat process? I would assume MOST ATM's take time to pour through them. (If it matters, I'm inquiring into a mid level facility 7-9)
Prefer at least one "serious" explanation withing all the shit posting that I come here for.
It depends on the facility and the management/union relationship. Some ATMs make the decision all on their own, some let the union rep make it, some collaborate, some do research, some don't research. It all depends on the facility.

However they want to...that instance.
Yeah this is right. ATMs can rank however they want. And like GulfBravoPapa said sometimes the ATM only does it, sometimes the union does it, sometimes both. Sometimes they do research sometimes they don’t. There’s no uniformity in picking people unless the facility itself decided. For example a level 12 center might consider all center transfers first, then level 10+ transfers in the area, then eveyone else where another level 12 center will just pick tower controllers only then center controllers. Unfortunately there’s no uniformity in how people are ranked, and unless you know the local politics of the facility you’re going to, you’ll probably won’t know what that facility does during NCEPT ATM rankings.

Back
Top Bottom