Serious New N90 to EWR June 1, 2024, and June 30, 2024

I don’t see how anyone thinks this is a good idea. For starters who would want to relocate for a few months salary as a bonus. Taking kids out of school and shit all to go to a place you don’t want to be. I don’t know how things work in n90 but I imagine the coordination between areas is pretty significant, they probably need to be able to be in a neighboring sector’s ear within seconds, not waiting on someone to answer a shout line. This is going to be ugly if they actually do it.

I don’t see how anyone thinks this is a good idea. For starters who would want to relocate for a few months salary as a bonus. Taking kids out of school and shit all to go to a place you don’t want to be. I don’t know how things work in n90 but I imagine the coordination between areas is pretty significant, they probably need to be able to be in a neighboring sector’s ear within seconds, not waiting on someone to answer a shout line. This is going to be ugly if they actually do it.
I’m sure that those that need hardships will get them approved relatively quickly. The EWR area likely will be fairly decimated.

Like I said, they're going to be taken in chains and we have a piss poor President that's going to allow it.

The Eastern Region hardship rep better start prepping now. Kennedy Tower is getting ready to have a lot of trainees.
Fun fact…The piss poor opposition in the national election supports this move by the FAA…same people who want to extend the contract. Elections have consequences.

So now that the EWR move looks all but certain what is the FAA’s genius plan to fix delays at LaGuardia? They shipping the whole LGA sector off to Pittsburgh?

Rich Santa has said he does not support controllers being forced to move against their will. The contract extension team (aka the 1.6% mafia) has never been outspoken about this issue whatsoever.
Rich doesn't want forced moves but he does want to break up N90?

Involuntary relocation letters were received today. Reassignment begins the first day of EWR cutover, July 28th.
In preparation for this very stressful move, everyone should go get a full bloodwork panel including A1C, and a calcium cardio scan. This kind of stress can result in people becoming diabetic and developing cardiac issues. The medical downtime for such issues is several months so I hear. Obviously, any irregularities in a comprehensive full body panel need to be reported to the RFS right away.

100k when you finish two years.
Collect per diem for 2 years.
According to the travel policy, how often will the agency pay for a trip home?
I believe every 31 days you’re a due a trip home over a weekend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom