MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Mind posting your timeline so I do not have to sift through 100+ pages?
Well It was a long time ago. So applied back in June of 2019. Got my TOL November of 2019. Got my security clearance March of 2020. Was notified the same month that I fell into the Tier 2 void. COVID also really started that month so I spent 3 1/2 years trying to get military records sent over to my HR rep, but seeing how they didn't consider my request "A priority" the national archive waited until the pandemic was over to send my records. Received an email January of 2023 that "Hope" would contact me in June. June comes Hope tells me that she will email me in 3months. Late September received an email to do my interim health questionnaire. 3days later "Hope" emails me back saying she got it and that the government hasn't signed a new bill for funding so she will be limited with email access. Finally received an email yesterday to fill out a release form so I can see the psychologist.

Jan 2020 applicant. Finally got my "Our staff psychologist has completed their review of your case, and the recommendation has been sent to your medical program analyst." Email. One step closer finally

Jan 2020 applicant. Finally got my "Our staff psychologist has completed their review of your case, and the recommendation has been sent to your medical program analyst." Email. One step closer finally
Merry Christmas

Someone from 2021 street bid just got an email from Hope yesterday clearing Tier 2. His in person appointment with psychologist was in August. Myself and 3 other people are on the similar timeline. My appointment was June 10th but beats me why he got an email before I did. Fingers crossed more emails will be going out soon.

"Our staff psychologist has completed their review of your case, and the recommendation has been sent to your medical program analyst. Any further queries should be sent to their attention."
Got that e-mail the other day
Have you had any movement forward since this? I got my email in December so just trying to see what kind of timeline to hope for.

I ended up cc'ing every person I had ever talked to in the hiring process in an email just essentially, looking at needing an update. Magically I cleared the tier 2 process 24hrs later. YMMV but I got tired of doing nothing.
What was your experience with the psych? Most I have heard are pretty chill and taken aback that something stupid tripped the MMPI up.

What was your experience with the psych? Most I have heard are pretty chill and taken aback that something stupid tripped the MMPI up.
Mine was quite the opposite. Gave extremely condescending undertones in all her questions, in almost a "I know you failed this so I need to find out what's wrong with you way". She spoke down to me multiple times throughout the interview to the point where she could physically tell I was annoyed with the process because frankly I'm a pretty boring dude with a normal past. She asked me if I was annoyed about 90 minutes into the appointment and I was just honest with her about how I felt the appointment was going and explained how I had already been in the hiring process for multiple years jumping through a multitude of hoops so in general, I really just wanted to get done with the whole thing.

After that, things went rather smoothly for the rest of the appointment but the whole thing was just a shit show lol. Doc was 2 hours late into the office, then my appointment started 4 hours after I had arrived, then had to take the MMPI again, she got frustrated that I took it too fast, I just wanted to get home because I also had only taken a 1/2 day off work so I was just frustrated and stressed at that point.

As far as I'm aware, I'm finally done with all that now, but I don't wish any of this process on a single person lol.

Mine was quite the opposite. Gave extremely condescending undertones in all her questions, in almost a "I know you failed this so I need to find out what's wrong with you way". She spoke down to me multiple times throughout the interview to the point where she could physically tell I was annoyed with the process because frankly I'm a pretty boring dude with a normal past. She asked me if I was annoyed about 90 minutes into the appointment and I was just honest with her about how I felt the appointment was going and explained how I had already been in the hiring process for multiple years jumping through a multitude of hoops so in general, I really just wanted to get done with the whole thing.

After that, things went rather smoothly for the rest of the appointment but the whole thing was just a shit show lol. Doc was 2 hours late into the office, then my appointment started 4 hours after I had arrived, then had to take the MMPI again, she got frustrated that I took it too fast, I just wanted to get home because I also had only taken a 1/2 day off work so I was just frustrated and stressed at that point.

As far as I'm aware, I'm finally done with all that now, but I don't wish any of this process on a single person lol.
Bummer that happened. Keep in mind the most whack, unstable person in the room was that psych chic

Bummer that happened. Keep in mind the most whack, unstable person in the room was that psych chic
😂😂 I appreciate that. Worst part was, she had her degree from her college alma matter hanging on the wall, and we attended the same college.

Update today:

Dear Applicant,

Your case has been reviewed and was referred for Tier 2 evaluation coordination in March/ April 2023. You are part of an applicant group whose evaluations we anticipate coordinating within the next 45 days.

As part of your evaluation preparation, we ask for your assistance with the following:

1. Confirm you are still interested in the position and wish to continue with the Tier 2 process,

2, Provide your city and state of residence,

3. We will send an interim health questionnaire and page 1 of your 8500-8 when we are ready to coordinate your evaluation. Since more than 6 months since your physical exam occurred, you will be required to document any changes.

We continue to ask for your patience and understanding as we clear our backlog.

Back
Top Bottom